Fabrication, falsification and plagiarism are the usual suspects of scientific misconduct. More common are lesser forms of research misbehavior, also known as ‘sloppy science’. This course highlights the most frequent research misbehaviors and their impact. The aim is to raise awareness and foster responsible conduct of research amongst young scientists.
- Core values of Good Scientific Practice (GSP)
- Famous examples of Fabrication, Falsification and Plagiarism (FFP)
- Other forms of research integrity breaches
- Impact and consequences of questionable research practices (QPR)
- Factors that might lead to QPR
- Guideline for responsible conduct of research
- Good Laboratory Practice
- Good Manufacturing Practice
Our courses are geared towards adult learning and use participatory approaches. The trainer encourages participants to add their experience and knowledge to the course content. Topics covered are backed by real examples and relate to the participants’ field of research.
Before the course, participants can submit specific questions and their own presentation examples by email. The course content will be adjusted to the specific needs and requirements of the participants.
Participants are handed out reading material to be discussed during the course as well as a course summary with their achievements.
Retraction Watch is a database of retractions, expressions of concern and related publishing events
Plagiat.pl is a software supporting verification of text authenticity. More than 200 Polish universities check their students’ theses in our antiplagiarism system.
Strike Plagiarism provide fast and affordable plagiarism-detection tools, mostly for Universities, but also for High Schools and Publishing Houses.
Related perspectives (blog posts)
- Responsible Research & Innovation
- Animal Welfare
- Ethics in Science
- Legal Aspects in Science
- Open Science
- Good Scientific Practice (GSP)
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- Researchers submit a manuscript to a journal for peer review. ...